Online Shopping in India is growing day by day.India has an internet user base of about 250.2 million as of June 2014.India’s e-commerce market went up to $14 billion in 2012. Electronics and Apparel are the biggest categories in terms of sales. India’s retail market is estimated at $470 billion in 2011 and is expected to grow to $675 Bn by 2016 and $850 Bn by 2020, According to Forrester, the e-commerce market in India is set to grow the fastest within the Asia-Pacific Region at a CAGR of over 57% between 2012–16. Online travel constitutes a sizable portion (87%) of this market today. Online travel market in India is expected to grow at a rate of 22% over the next 4 years and reach Rs 54,800 Crore ($12.2 billion) in size by 2015.
Popular Online Shopping Stores in India :
1. Flipkart.com : Flipkart is very popular store in India. It sells nearly 20 products per minute.Flipkart launched its budget smartphone Moto G in India on 5 February 2014. This triggered an overwhelming response from online shoppers and more than 20,000 units were sold within hours of launch on Flipkart. Here are Flipkart Coupons available for get discount.
2. Myntra.com : Myntra is also popular shopping site in India. Myntra was established by Mukesh Bansal in February 2007 with a vision of creating India’s largest on-demand personalization portal. Myntra.com currently offers close to 70,000 products from more than 700 leading Indian, international and designer brands. Myntra is now acquired by Flipkart.
3. Jabong.com : Jabong is one of the most visited e-commerce site. The e-store at present carries over 1000 brands and over 1,00,000 products.
4. Amazon India : Amazon is an international Store of e-commerce and huge variety of products. In 2013, Amazon launched its site in India, amazon.in.
5. Ebay India : Ebay also is an international Brand for online Shopping. In India it launched its site ebay.in.